Monday, December 15, 2014

Remember, It Is Sin To Know What You Ought To Do And Then Not Do It.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Remember,
It Is Sin To Know
What You Ought To Do And Then Not Do It.

 What do we know that we ought to do, but have not done it?

Scripture

James 4

17 Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.

Observation

What do we know that we ought to do, but have not done it?

This is definitely an area that deserves our attention. Maybe you and I are not chain saw murderers and will never do something so bad that gets the news media’s attention, but not doing what we know we should do … we are guilty, guilty, guilty.

When the Holy Spirit prompts us and tells us to do something and we aren’t obedient and we don’t do it, that my friend = sin.

Anything come to your mind that you know that you should do or that you should have done, but you have not done yet?

 Disobedience is sin!

Application

I will ask God to show me the things that I have not done that He has told me to do and I will strive to get them done.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, forgive me for my sin of not doing what I should have done when Your Holy Spirit prompted me to do it. Show me any things that I did not do that can still be accomplished. Help me to walk in obedience. Help me to do what You prompt me to do immediately so I do not sin by forgetting or deciding not to do it. Help me to be a man of my word. Help me to keep my promises. Thank You for blessing me and for blessing my family so much.


Daily Bible Reading James 1,2,3,4,5

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: