Monday, December 08, 2014

I Urge You, First Of All, To Pray For All People. Ask God To Help Them; Intercede On Their Behalf, And Give Thanks For Them.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Urge You, First Of All, To Pray For All People.
Ask God To Help Them; Intercede On Their Behalf,
And Give Thanks For Them.

 He knows what you and I need. He wants us to focus our prayers on those around us!

Scripture

1 Timothy 2

I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity.  

This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.  

For, There is one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus.

  He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone.

Observation

How is our prayer life going? Do we spend most of our time when we pray praying for ourselves and praying for our own personal needs?

We have the awesome privilege to pray for everyone. I have to admit that I get so aggravated with those in authority that I don’t pray for them like I should. Maybe you take up the slack for me.

Praying for others is one of the most important jobs we as Christ followers while we are on planet earth. It is important. It does matter. God does hear us. He does work in the lives of those we lift up to Him in prayer.

He knows what you and I need. He wants us to focus on those around us!

“… your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” Matthew 6:32-33


Application

I will ask God to show me who I need to pray for today. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is amazing that You care enough to hear our prayers. Not only do You hear them but it brings You great pleasure when we pray. Show me today who You want me to pray for. You know my needs and I know that I don’t need to mention them to You right now.

Thank You for giving me the privilege to pray for others. I do pray for our President and those in our government that lead us. Give them wisdom. Help them to make decisions based on Your Word. Keep them from doing stupid things that hurt us. Keep me from doing stupid stuff that hurts me and my family. You are Awesome. You are Worthy of Praise!


Daily Bible Reading 1 Timothy 1,2,3,4

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: