Friday, December 26, 2014

My Life Constantly Hangs In The Balance


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

My Life
Constantly Hangs
In The Balance,

… but I will not stop obeying your instructions.

Scripture

Psalm 119

109 My life constantly hangs in the balance,
    but I will not stop obeying your instructions.


Observation

Hardly a moment goes by that I don’t realize that I am on borrowed time. Since my heart attack three years ago my body constantly reminds me that my life hangs in the balance. 

And that is not a bad thing either!

You see we are both on borrowed time. Seeing the end of 2015 is no guarantee for any of us. We might not make it to the end of 2014 come to think of it.

The idea of dying doesn’t bother me. Does it bother you? Are you scared of dying?

By God’s grace and mercy I have personally experienced death and God’s people praying me back to life. I know that I am not afraid to die.

What does bother me is how I live each day! I am not proud of myself at how I am doing.

When it comes to handling pain and feeling tired and worn out on a daily basis I am a big wimp.

So if you and I are tempted to feel sorry for ourselves on the day after Christmas lets take a minute and think about other folks we know and lets pray for them. Some of them are dealing with far more serious things than we are! Kathy always reminds me (so glad that she does) that there are lots of people suffering a lot more than I am.

You and I are blessed. We are very blessed.

I am going to live forever in a brand new body that is never going to wear out!
God has allowed me to stay here on planet earth a little bit longer to do His will.


Application


 I will pray Psalm 119:114,116-117. 

Prayer

Heavenly Father,

You are my refuge and my shield;
    your word is my source of hope.

 
 Lord, sustain me as you promised, that I may live!
    Do not let my hope be crushed.

 
 Sustain me, and I will be rescued;
    then I will meditate continually on your decrees. Psalm 119:114,116-117


Daily Bible Reading Psalm 117; Psalm 119:81-176; 2 John 1; 3 John 1

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: