Sunday, December 07, 2014

Husbands, Love Your Wives, And Never Treat Them Harshly


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Husbands,
Love Your Wives,
And Never Treat Them Harshly

But being mean and harsh comes natural for me …

Scripture

Colossians 3

19 Husbands, love your wives and never treat them harshly.

Observation

I can be pretty mean to Kathy sometimes.

In fact, I can just be pretty mean. But since Kathy is the closest person to me and the person that I love the most for some reason I can be meaner to her than anyone else. Do you experience that in your relationship too?

Being mean for all of us, if we are honest, comes natural. It takes no effort on our part for that meanness to spew out. We are born that way.

But Christ followers are new creations. We have been given a new nature. The Holy Spirit lives within us. Our family, especially Kathy, should see Jesus in me.

Since I have a new nature I should be different and I should treat Kathy differently.


    Careless words stab like a sword,
        but wise words bring healing.   Proverbs 12:18

Application

I will try hard not to be “harsh” with Kathy this week.

 Prayer

Heavenly Father, help those in my family be gentle with those that they love. Help me love Kathy in a way that makes You smile. Don’t let me be harsh. Don’t let me be mean. Correct me just as soon as I show anything other than love towards her. I pray for those who are sick this morning. I pray especially for Kay Brooks in the hospital. I pray for healing. May she sense your Strength and Your Presence this morning.


Daily Bible Reading Colossians 1,2,3,4

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: