Saturday, December 20, 2014

I Am The Light Of The World


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Am
The
Light Of The World

One of my favorite things about Christmas is all of the Christmas lights!  
 
Scripture

John 8
12 … “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”

Observation

I do not like the dark. Not being able to see when it is completely dark is scary to me. One of my favorite things about Christmas (I have a lot of favorite things about Christmas!) is all of the Christmas lights!

When Kathy and I served as missionaries in North Africa it was a strange feeling to travel into those Muslim countries during the Christmas season and travel through cities that were dark and had no hint of the Savior’s birth!

Jesus is the light of the world, but most of the world has not had the opportunity to experience His salvation!

They continue to live in darkness!


Application

I will apply Matthew 5:16 and I will let my light shine during this Christmas season! How about you?

    In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16

   



Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me be the light to those around me by the way I live. Help me point them to Jesus. I pray for Eddie Davis and Makayla Myers today as they get married. I pray that You bless them with a wonderful marriage. I pray that You bring friends into their lives that will help them grow in their faith. Use this couple to advance Your kingdom. May Your face shine brightly on them and their future family.

I also pray for my daughter Debby today on her birthday. Thank You for blessing Kathy and I with beautiful children that give us wonderful grandchildren. Bless Debby today. Help her to live in a way that brings You glory and honor. Bless her family.

Daily Bible Reading John 7,8

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: