Wednesday, December 17, 2014

In The Beginning The Word Already Existed. The Word Was With God, And The Word Was God.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

In The Beginning The Word Already Existed.
The Word Was With God,
And The Word Was God.

The Christmas story told from the Apostle’s John’s perspective!

Scripture

John 1

In the beginning the Word already existed.
    The Word was with God,
    and the Word was God.


He existed in the beginning with God.


God created everything through him,
    and nothing was created except through him.


The Word gave life to everything that was created,
    and his life brought light to everyone.


14 So the Word became human and made his home among us.

The Christmas story told from the Apostle’s John’s perspective!

Observation

I talked to a woman at Mission Tampa this week that had been studying with a group of Jehovah Witnesses and probably because of their influence she couldn’t see Jesus as God. I felt sorry for her and I prayed that God would give her clarity about the Person of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is 100% God and 100% Man. I realize that only God can reveal the Truth to her and I pray that He will.

How about you? Is Jesus Christ Deity to you? Is He your Savior and Lord?

The Christmas story is all about Deity leaving Heaven and coming to make His home among us!

22 All of this occurred to fulfill the Lord’s message through his prophet:

23 “Look! The virgin will conceive a child!
    She will give birth to a son,
and they will call him Immanuel,
    which means ‘God is with us.’” 
Matthew 1:22-23

Application

I will pray for those in my family who still don’t know Jesus as Savior and Lord. I will continue to pray for their salvation.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know Your heart for my family. I know that it is Your desire that they be saved. Give them the spiritual understanding that they need so they have the opportunity to know You as Savior. Open up their spiritual eyes so that they can see Jesus as Deity. Help Kathy and I live in such a way that they are able to see Jesus in us.


Daily Bible Reading 2 Peter 1,2,3; John 1

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: