Friday, September 08, 2017

Don't Abandon Me, For You Made Me.

Don't Abandon Me,
For
You Made Me.
Scripture
Psalm 138
8 The Lord will work out his plans for my life—
for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever.
Don’t abandon me, for you made me.

Observation

It is a bit unnerving, at least it is to me, to be in the path of a dangerous storm with all of its uncertainties going on day after day after day!

Seeing all of the destruction and devastation left in its path so far doesn't help either!

The Psalms are definitely a good place for us to hunker down in the path of Irma or any other storm!

Psalm 138
1 I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart;
I will sing your praises before the gods.
2 I bow before your holy Temple as I worship.
I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness;
for your promises are backed
by all the honor of your name.
3 As soon as I pray, you answer me;
you encourage me by giving me strength.
6 Though the Lord is great, he cares for the humble,
but he keeps his distance from the proud.
7 Though I am surrounded by troubles,
you will protect me from the anger of my enemies.
You reach out your hand,
and the power of your right hand saves me.

Application

I will trust the Lord to protect me and my family during this storm. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for placing Psalms right in the middle of the Bible. King David lived through a lot of uncertainty in his life and I am so glad that he wrote down how he was able to handle it. Lord, You will protect me and my family. Though I am surrounded by troubles You will protect me. You will reach out Your hand, and the power of Your right hand will save me. Your promises are backed by the honor of Your name! Don't abandon me, for You made me! As soon as I pray, You answer me; You encourage me by giving me strength. (parts of Psalm 138 personalized)
Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 42,43,44; Psalms 48; Revelation 13; Psalm 8, Psalm 38, Proverbs 8; Psalm 138



No comments: