Thursday, September 28, 2017

Keep On Asking, And You Will Receive Keep On Seeking, And You Will Find Keep On Knocking, And The Door Will Be Opened

Keep On Asking, And You Will Receive
Keep On Seeking, And You Will Find
Keep On Knocking, And The Door Will Be Opened
Scripture
Luke 11
9 “And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for.

Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.

10 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

Observation

We have a Heavenly Father who wants us to depend on Him. He created us and He knows everything about us. And even though He knows everything about us He still wants to be our Heavenly Father!

Amazing isn't it!

In Luke 11 Jesus gives us a model prayer. In that model prayer Jesus tells us what is most important to our Heavenly Father.

He then tells us in Luke 11:9-10 to be persistent in our prayers, letting us know to never give up!

Let's take time today to find a quiet place and pray!
Luke 11
Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”
2 Jesus said, “This is how you should pray:
Father, may your name be kept holy.
May your Kingdom come soon.
3 Give us each day the food we need,
4 and forgive us our sins,
as we forgive those who sin against us.
And don’t let us yield to temptation.
1 Thessalonians 5:17
Never stop praying.
Luke 18:1
One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up.
Application

I will pray and I will never give up! How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, here I am. I am coming to You in prayer ... “O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand! I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there. If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me. I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night—but even in darkness I cannot hide from you. To you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to you. You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!” (Psalm 139:1-18 personalized)
Daily Bible Reading: Zechariah 1,2,3; Luke 11



No comments: