Monday, September 04, 2017

Live Wisely Among Those Who Are Not Believers, And Make The Most Of Every Opportunity

Live Wisely Among Those
Who Are Not Believers,
And Make The Most Of Every Opportunity
Scripture
Colossians 4
5 Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity.
6 Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.
Observation

It is so important for you and for me, if we are believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, to act like it. 
We are to be the salt and the light to those around us. It is why we should say “no” and not do some of the things that outsiders or unbelievers do. We don't say “no” because we are trying to be “goody two-shoes”, but because God has said, “Be Holy for I am Holy.”
Is what I am doing, or what I am thinking about doing or what I am wanting to do, is it going to please God and will it bring Him glory? If we are in doubt, if you and I are not sure, then let's not do it!
The way we talk … oh yes … we should stop using all of those “4 letter words”!
The way we walk … our lifestyle ... should reflect the relationship that we now have with our Heavenly Father!
How will ________ (you fill in the blank) honor and bring glory to my Heavenly Father?
1 Peter 1:16
For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.”
Galatians 5
19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
1 Peter 4:3
In the past you wasted too much time doing what nonbelievers enjoy. You were guilty of sexual sins, evil desires, drunkenness, wild and drunken parties, and hateful idol worship.
Application
I will guard my heart and my mouth. I will strive to be salt and light to those around me. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, don't let me be drawn back into the old way of life. You have set me free. Help me to act like it. I pray for anyone that may be reading this blog that is struggling with a hurt, habit, or hang-up. Give them victory over anything that is holding them back.
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 22,23,24; Revelation 9; Colossians 4




No comments: