Wednesday, September 06, 2017

The Lord Rescues The Godly; He Is Their Fortress In Times Of Trouble. The Lord Saves Them, And They Find Shelter In Him.

The Lord Rescues The Godly;
He Is Their Fortress In Times Of Trouble.
The Lord Saves Them, And They Find Shelter In Him.
Scripture
Psalm 37
39 The Lord rescues the godly;
he is their fortress in times of trouble.
40 The Lord helps them,
rescuing them from the wicked.
He saves them,
and they find shelter in him.
Observation

I am sure that the words “the Lord rescues, the Lord helps them, He saves them” caught my attention this morning because of the CAT 5 Hurricane Irma that is heading in Florida's direction! 

My prayer is that the storm turns north and stays in the Atlantic not doing damage to anyone. 

 May I suggest that we do everything we can to be ready, and then we hunker down under the shelter and protection of God's wings.

Psalm 17:8
Guard me as you would guard your own eyes. Hide me in the shadow of your wings.
Psalm 91:4
He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
Application
I will pray for God's protection for everyone in the hurricane's path and I will ask the Lord to intervene and change the path of the storm. And I will look to Him for protection. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You can change the direction of any storm. In fact, I know that if You chose to do so You could make it disappear in a moment. I pray and I ask that You change the storm's direction so that it would stay out over the Atlantic. If You choose not to put it on that course then I pray for protection for those in the storm's path. I will trust You in this storm!
Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 29,30,31,32; Revelation 11; Psalm 6, Psalm 36, Psalm 37; Proverbs 16



No comments: