Friday, September 29, 2017

A Person Is A Fool To Store Up Earthly Wealth But Not Have a Rich Relationship With God

A Person Is A Fool
To Store Up Earthly Wealth
But Not Have a Rich Relationship With God
Scripture
Luke 12
16 Then he told them a story: “A rich man had a fertile farm that produced fine crops.

17 He said to himself, ‘What should I do? I don’t have room for all my crops.’

18 Then he said, ‘I know! I’ll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I’ll have room enough to store all my wheat and other goods.

19 And I’ll sit back and say to myself, “My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!”’

20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?’
21 “Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.”
Observation

Then, turning to his disciples, Jesus said, “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life” –
What you and I need to focus on today is having a rich relationship with God.
Reading and meditating on what Jesus says in Luke 12 is a very good place to start!
It is one of my favorite passages in the Bible!
Why not slow down today and take a few minutes to think about what God is telling us about our “everyday life”.
Luke 12
4 “Dear friends, don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot do any more to you after that.
5 But I’ll tell you whom to fear. Fear God, who has the power to kill you and then throw you into hell. Yes, he’s the one to fear.
6 “What is the price of five sparrows—two copper coins? Yet God does not forget a single one of them.
7 And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.
Application
I will put my relationship with God and His Kingdom above everything else today. How about you?
Luke 12
31 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to put You first today. Show me what is Kingdom business and what is not. Don't let me get bogged down by things that don't really matter, things that are not really important to You. I know that You know me down to the number of hairs that I still have on my head and I know that I am valuable to You. And I know that if I will put Your Kingdom first in my life that You will take care of me and provide everything that I need. You are an Awesome God.


Daily Bible Reading: Zechariah 4,5,6; Luke 12



No comments: