Saturday, September 30, 2017

I Am Counting On The Lord; Yes, I Am Counting On Him. I Have Put My Hope In His Word.

I Am Counting On The Lord;
Yes, I Am Counting On Him.
I Have Put My Hope In His Word.
Scripture
Psalm 130
5 I am counting on the Lord;
yes, I am counting on him.
I have put my hope in his word.
6 I long for the Lord
more than sentries long for the dawn,
yes, more than sentries long for the dawn.
Observation

What are you putting your hope in? The Internet is a dangerous place to get your “truth”. (Unless you are reading the Bible on line like I do every morning!) So many young people are swallowing hook line and sinker what they are reading on the Web.  
They are becoming radicalized, influenced by hate and evil, thinking that what they are buying into something that is truth! They are being deceived! Truth is found in the Word of God. And it is where I will put my hope! This is always a good question to ask: “How does what I am reading and getting myself involved in line up with the Word of God?”
There is a very dark evil side to the Internet and to what is now called social media. I am afraid that a lot of the information being streamed to us via our computers, our tablets, and our smart phones is under the control of the prince of this world.
Don't let it entice and deceive you. Don't let it suck you in. Remember that Satan is the great deceiver. He is the father of lies!
Application
I will continue to put my hope in God's Word. How about you? There is no information more relevant for today than the Bible!
Prayer

Heavenly Father, the great deceiver seems to be doing a very good job of deception these days. I pray for the young people and the not so young people who have been deceived. I pray for them. May they place their faith and their trust in Jesus Christ. Show them the Truth. Open up their eyes. Don't let them continue to be deceived.

Daily Bible Reading: Zechariah 7,8,9; Luke 13; Psalm 30, Psalm 130; Proverbs 30



No comments: