Sunday, October 01, 2017

You Cannot Become My Disciple Without Giving Up Everything You Own.

You Cannot Become My Disciple
Without
Giving Up Everything You Own.
Scripture
Luke 14
33 So you cannot become my disciple without giving up everything you own.
Observation
Count the cost! Jesus says that following Him is a costly venture!
In fact, Jesus says that you and I cannot become a disciple of His without giving up everything we own!
The real truth is that we don't really own anything anyway. All of our “stuff” is on loan from God.
To be a disciple of Christ we must acknowledge that all that we have is His, and we must also realize He has called us to be good stewards of what He has allowed us to possess!
Luke 12
21 “Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.”
Malachi 3:10
10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test! L
Luke 6:38
38 Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.
Ecclesiastes 5:15
We all come to the end of our lives as naked and empty-handed as on the day we were born. We can’t take our riches with us.
Proverbs 23:5
In the blink of an eye wealth disappears, for it will sprout wings and fly away like an eagle.
Application
I will make sure that I am not holding on to anything too tightly! How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to be a good disciple of Christ. Do not let me be fooled into thinking that anything that I have really belongs to me. You own everything! Thank You for taking such good care of us. We are blessed. Show me that I can trust You with every detail of my life.
Daily Bible Reading: Zechariah 10,11,12; Psalms 126; Luke 14




No comments: