Sunday, October 08, 2017

For Your Promises Are Backed By All The Honor Of Your Name.

For Your Promises
Are Backed
By All The Honor Of Your Name.
Scripture
Psalm 138
1 I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart;
I will sing your praises before the gods.

2 I bow before your holy Temple as I worship.
I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness;
for your promises are backed
by all the honor of your name.

3 As soon as I pray, you answer me;
you encourage me by giving me strength.
Observation
Promises! You and I make them, but we don't always keep them do we.
Everyone of us has been let down by someone who promised us something but didn't deliver on his or her promise.
To be honest, none of us are able to keep all of the promises that we make. For one reason or another promises made even with the best intentions are not always kept.
But God has made thousands of promises in the Bible and He has kept every single one of them.
Every morning, and this morning was no exception I have the opportunity to read more in His Book of promises!
Every promise that God makes is backed by all the honor of His name.
What promise from God are you holding on to as you start this day?
Application

I will look with anticipation every morning for a promise from God that will carry me through the day. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have never ever let me down. You have always kept Your Word. Thank You for giving us so many promises. Thank You for being faithful in keeping Your Word. Help me to keep the promises that I make. Help me to be a person of integrity. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to You.

Daily Bible Reading: Ezra 9,10; Psalms 131; Luke 21; Psalm 8, Psalm 138, Proverbs 8



No comments: