Wednesday, October 25, 2017

O Lord, I Give My Life To You.

O Lord,
I Give
My Life To You.
Scripture
1 O Lord, I give my life to you.
2 I trust in you, my God!
Do not let me be disgraced,
or let my enemies rejoice in my defeat.
3 No one who trusts in you will ever be disgraced,
but disgrace comes to those who try to deceive others.
Observation
Surrender is a daily necessity if you and I want to live life to its fullest!
If you and I want to experience the abundant life that Jesus promises we must yield our lives to Him. Putting God first requires that we put ourselves under His control.
It is called dying daily to our self.
King David understood this, “O Lord, I give my life to You.” The Apostle Paul did too, “My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20)
Lets stop right now and take a minute to say this to the Lord, “O Lord, I give my life to You.” I surrender. I give You first place in my life!”
Application

Lord, I give my life to you. Use me today for Your glory. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want You to be first in my life today. Don't let me put anything in Your place. Show me when I get my priorities messed up and don't have You and Your kingdom as number one. I pray for those who are sick today. Give them strength and heal them. I pray for those experiencing pain today. I pray that You will help them in their suffering. You are the God of all comfort and all compassion. Nothing is too hard for You.

Daily Bible Reading: Job 16; Acts 21,22,23; Psalm 25, Psalm 55, Proverbs 25



No comments: