Monday, October 16, 2017

Be Still, And Know That I Am God!

Be Still,
And Know
That I Am God!
Scripture
Psalm 46
10 “Be still, and know that I am God!
I will be honored by every nation.
I will be honored throughout the world.”
Observation

My son Tim's car wouldn't start this morning so I had to run him to work in St Pete.

Now I am trying to quiet myself and I am trying to be still before the Lord!

I think of all of you who have hectic schedules and how hard it must be for you to take time to “be still” to carve out time to spend with the Lord.

If you know me then you know that I have a routine.

I get up and I read my Bible. Then I write a short blog about something that I have read and then I pray for those who have taken the time to read my blog from the day before and who have clicked “like” or who have made a comment.
Application
I will not let life's disruptions keep me from having a quiet time. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, it was a surprise this morning having to jump out of bed and drive to St. Pete. But I know that it was not a surprise to You. Maybe it was a test for me or for my son Tim. I am not sure why his car decided to not run this morning and it ran fine yesterday. You are in control. You are God. Nothing escapes Your attention. Everything that happens in my life happens for a reason. Even if I do not know why something happens I know that You do.
Daily Bible Reading: Malachi 3,4; Psalms 148; Acts 5; Psalm 16, Psalm 46; Proverbs 16



No comments: