Monday, October 09, 2017

One Of Them Struck At The High Priest's Slave, Slashing Of His Right Ear.

One Of Them
Struck At The High Priest's Slave,
Slashing Of His Right Ear.
Scripture
Luke 22
47 But even as Jesus said this, a crowd approached, led by Judas, one of the twelve disciples. Judas walked over to Jesus to greet him with a kiss. 48 But Jesus said, “Judas, would you betray the Son of Man with a kiss?”

49 When the other disciples saw what was about to happen, they exclaimed, “Lord, should we fight? We brought the swords!” 50 And one of them struck at the high priest’s slave, slashing off his right ear.
51 But Jesus said, “No more of this.” And he touched the man’s ear and healed him.
Observation

Have you ever done something really stupid, realizing how stupid it was just a nanosecond after doing it? I sure have!

I think this is exactly how Simon Peter, the fisherman, felt after he whacked off the ear of the high priest's slave!

Before that ear hit the ground I think Simon Peter realized that he was surrounded by 300 to 600 soldiers who had come to arrest Jesus were all about to use their swords and spears on him.

Jesus came to Peter's rescue and put the man's ear back on. And that show of power was enough to show the soldiers who was really in control.

You and I are going to make stupid decisions just like Peter did. We are going to mess up.

Maybe this week will be a week of mess ups for me. I hope not, but if it is I know this – Jesus Christ will help me get back on my feet and He will put me back on the right path!

He is not finished with me yet! He is not finished with you either! We are still a work in progress!
Application
I will depend on the Lord to help me get through this week. How about you?
Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.

Psalm 37
23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
He delights in every detail of their lives.
24 Though they stumble, they will never fall,
for the Lord holds them by the hand.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I have always wondered why Jesus told the disciples to have swords with them that night. Two swords against an army didn't seem quite adequate, but then I realized that two swords plus Jesus was more than enough. Having those two swords with them that night were just to show the disciples that having Jesus and His power were enough for them. I have the same Spirit that raised Jesus Christ from the dead living in me. He is enough! Thank You for taking such good care of me!
Daily Bible Reading: Nehemiah 1,2; Psalms 133,134; Luke 22




No comments: