Thursday, October 26, 2017

Do You Think You Can Persuade Me To Become A Christian So Quickly?

Do You Think
You Can Persuade Me
To Become A Christian So Quickly?
Scripture
Acts 26
27 King Agrippa, do you believe the prophets? I know you do—”
28 Agrippa interrupted him. “Do you think you can persuade me to become a Christian so quickly?”
29 Paul replied, “Whether quickly or not, I pray to God that both you and everyone here in this audience might become the same as I am, except for these chains.”
Observation

What is it going to take for you to become persuaded to become a Christian?

Whether the Apostle Paul was standing before a king or in a jail cell talking to a jailer the conversation always pointed to that person's greatest need … his or her need to know Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior!

Let me ask you this morning, “Do you know Him?”
If you were to die today where would you spend Eternity? If you were at Heaven's gate and God were to ask you, “Why should I let you into my Heaven?” What would you say to Him?

I pray that you will turn from your sins and turn to God. I pray that you will put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ.

On May 17th of this year at 4 am in the morning my heart went into fibrillation (quivering and not pumping blood) and I would have died within a few minutes … but my defibrillator/pacemaker shocked my heart back into rhythm. This has happened 3 times since my heart attack 6 years ago.

And no I have never felt the shock (which they tell me is terrible) because so far I have always gone unconscious before the defibrillator shocks me. I didn't even know that my heart had to be shocked back into rhythm that morning until several months later when I went in for a device check and they asked me if I knew that I had received a shock back on May 17th at 4 am to crank start my heart and bring me back to life!

I share all of those details with you to make this point, “One day my defibrillator is not going to work. One day it will not be able to shock my heart back into rhythm.” And the moment I breathe my last breath here on earth is the moment I get to experience Heaven!

How do I know that I will go to Heaven when I die? Because I have placed my faith and my trust in Jesus. He has conquered death. He died on the cross to pay the penalty for my sins. He was buried and came back to life on the 3rd day! I am forgiven.

How about you? Where will you spend Eternity when you die?

Where would you like to spend Eternity? Heaven or Hell?

The choice is yours to make right now!
Application
I am praying for everyone that reads this blog. I am praying that you make the right choice!
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that some people never hear about Jesus and don't even have the chance to choose to place his or her faith in Him, but that is not the case for the person that might be reading this blog. I pray for anyone that may be reading this right now. Open up their hearts and their minds and show them their need for a Savior. Help them to place their faith and trust in Jesus so that they will know for sure that they will go to Heaven when they die!
Daily Bible Reading: Job 17; Acts 24,25,26



No comments: