Monday, October 30, 2017

“Don't Be Afraid,” He Said, Take Courage! I Am Here!

Don't Be Afraid,” He Said,
Take Courage!
I Am Here!
Scripture
Mark 6
46 After telling everyone good-bye, he went up into the hills by himself to pray.
47 Late that night, the disciples were in their boat in the middle of the lake, and Jesus was alone on land. 48 He saw that they were in serious trouble, rowing hard and struggling against the wind and waves. About three o’clock in the morning Jesus came toward them, walking on the water. He intended to go past them, 49 but when they saw him walking on the water, they cried out in terror, thinking he was a ghost. 50 They were all terrified when they saw him.
But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,”he said. “Take courage! I am here!” 51 Then he climbed into the boat, and the wind stopped. They were totally amazed, 
Observation

It is when things are going “south”, when things are falling apart, when things are breaking down all around me, when I am overwhelmed, that is when I need to be strongly reminded that Jesus is here right in the middle of the mess that I am currently experiencing!

The disciples were getting yet another lesson on faith out there on that lake at three o'clock in the morning.

It seems like they were getting one lesson one right after another on trusting and having faith in Jesus … maybe that explains why you and I are allowed to go through so many trials and why we get to experience so many difficult situations!

How many times do you and I need to be reminded?

Well I don't know about you, but I evidently need to be constantly reminded that Jesus is right here with me.

Everything that I go through He goes through. Jesus is right here with me.
Jesus is saying to us right now through this story, “Don't be afraid! Take courage! I am here!”
Application
I will trust His heart when I can't see His hand in what I am going through. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, as I read Your Word every day I see that You are always showing me that I can totally rely on You. Thank You for being 100% reliable and trustworthy. Help me to be strong and courageous. Help me to totally depend on You. I pray for anyone that may be reading this blog today. Bless them Lord. Help them to walk by faith.

Daily Bible Reading: Job 21; Mark 5,6


No comments: