Thursday, October 05, 2017

Then Who In The World Can Be Saved? He Replied, “What Is Impossible For People Is Possible With God.”

Then Who In The World Can Be Saved?
He Replied,
What Is Impossible For People Is Possible With God.”
Scripture
Luke 18
18 Once a religious leader asked Jesus this question: “Good Teacher, what should I do to inherit eternal life?”
19 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked him. “Only God is truly good. 20 But to answer your question, you know the commandments: ‘You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. Honor your father and mother.’”
21 The man replied, “I’ve obeyed all these commandments since I was young.”
22 When Jesus heard his answer, he said, “There is still one thing you haven’t done. Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
23 But when the man heard this he became very sad, for he was very rich.
24 When Jesus saw this, he said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the Kingdom of God! 25 In fact, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!”
26 Those who heard this said, “Then who in the world can be saved?”
27 He replied, “What is impossible for people is possible with God.”
Observation

Being well off, having lots of money may have its advantages, but neither getting into Heaven or having a relationship with God is one of them.

All of our money, all of our toys, all of our stuff, will not help us when it comes to obtaining Eternal Life!

In fact, having lots of stuff here on Earth, may just keep us from having the riches that will last forever!

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a person who has lots of stuff (a rich person) to enter the Kingdom of God!

Lets focus on a rich relationship with God!

Luke 12
20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?’
21 “Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.”
22 Then, turning to his disciples, Jesus said, “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear.
Application
I will focus today on my relationship with my Heavenly Father! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, there are times I have to admit that I think about what I would do with millions of dollars if I had them. I do wonder at times what it would be like to be one of those who has millions or even one of the few in this world that has billions of dollars. Then I come to my senses and realize that I already have it all. I am a child of the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. I am heir to everything that my Heavenly Father has created.


Daily Bible Reading: Esther 3,4,5,6,7,8; Luke 18



No comments: