Thursday, October 19, 2017

With God's Help We Will Do Mighty Things

With God's Help
We
Will Do Mighty Things
Scripture
Psalm 108
13 With God’s help we will do mighty things,
for he will trample down our foes.
Observation

“… For apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15:5
At 11:20 pm last night Tim and I were finally able to get his car back together.
At 6:00 am this morning he drove off to work in it … he hasn't called me to tell me that he is broke down.
God is good! “With God's help we will do mighty things” – even things like tearing a car apart and putting it back together!
As soon as that car cranked up this morning (couldn't start it last night because the battery was dead) I prayed and I thanked the Lord! He will trample down our foes, cars included!
Application
I will trust the Lord and He will take care of all of my “foes”. How about you?
1 Samuel 17
45 David replied to the Philistine, “You come to me with sword, spear, and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies—the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, my heart is full of gratitude this morning. Thank You for helping us get that car back on the road. Thank You for my son Eddie who came over to help me work on the car. Bless him Lord. Thank You for helping me persevere and not give up and for giving me the strength and the energy to do the work. With Your help we will do mighty things and You will continue to trample down our foes. I pray for those who are battling the foe of sickness today. Give them strength. Heal them so that they can give You thanks!
Daily Bible Reading: Job 5; Psalms 108; Acts 10,11



No comments: