Monday, October 02, 2017

He Heals The Brokenhearted And Bandages Their Wounds.

He Heals The Brokenhearted
And
Bandages Their Wounds.
Scripture
Psalm 147
3 He heals the brokenhearted
and bandages their wounds.
4 He counts the stars
and calls them all by name.
5 How great is our Lord! His power is absolute!
His understanding is beyond comprehension!
10 He takes no pleasure in the strength of a horse
or in human might.
11 No, the Lord’s delight is in those who fear him,
those who put their hope in his unfailing love.
John 16:33
I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world.”
Observation
After a month of dealing with hurricanes, earthquakes, now we wake up to hear about the mass shooting in Las Vegas … Kathy and I have already heard that one of our friends' daughter is among the wounded.
Where do you and I turn when we experience suffering and when life seems out of control and hopeless?
I suggest that we turn to the One who heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds.
I suggest that we turn to the One who can count the stars and who can call them all by name!
Application
I will put my hope and my trust in the Lord and His unfailing love. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for those in Las Vegas. I pray for the wounded and those who have lost loved ones. I pray that through this tragedy many will be drawn to a closer relationship with You. I pray for the “First Responders”, as they risk their lives to keep us safe. You are Mighty God. You are the God of all comfort and all compassion! You will heal the brokenhearted and You will bandage their wounds.
Daily Bible Reading: Zechariah 13,14; Psalms 147; Luke 15




No comments: