Friday, October 13, 2017

You, With The Help Of Wicked Men, Put Him To Death By Nailing Him To The Cross.

You, With The Help Of Wicked Men,
Put Him
To Death By Nailing Him To The Cross.
Scripture
Acts 2
22 “Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.
23 This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross.
24 But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.
Observation
It was your sin and it was my sin that nailed Jesus Christ to the cross. You and I are sinners. We are broken and we are desperately in need of a Savior. You and I both deserve to go to Hell. God wants to give us what we don't deserve. And that is why Jesus Christ died in our place on the cross. He died to pay the penalty for our sins. Maybe you can remember this old hymn, “Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe; Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow”, or “What can wash away my sins?” Take a minute and listen to Matt Redman sing, “What can wash away my sins?”
Application
I will give thanks the Lord for dying in my place. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You knew that I would need a Savior and that is why You sent Jesus to die on that cross over 2,000 years ago to die for me. He also died for anyone that may be reading this blog today. I pray for them right now. Help them to understand that salvation is available to them through Jesus Christ. Open up their spiritual hearts and their minds to this wonderful truth. Don't let them go another day without a relationship with You. Thank You for the gift of Eternal life. I don't deserve it, but I know that I have it. You are an Awesome God.
Daily Bible Reading: Nehemiah 9,10; Acts 2



No comments: