Sunday, October 22, 2017

Sirs, What Must I Do To Be Saved?

Sirs,
What Must I Do
To Be Saved?
Scripture
Acts 16
29 The jailer called for lights and ran to the dungeon and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas.

30 Then he brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, along with everyone in your household.”
32 And they shared the word of the Lord with him and with all who lived in his household.
Observation
Maybe you think, “if I am just good enough, if I can just do enough good things, or if I do more good things than bad things then maybe just maybe I can go to Heaven when I die, friend that is how we humanly think we can save ourselves.
But it is not God's way for us to be saved. God's way to Heaven is for us to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.
It is not good people that go to Heaven and bad people that go to Hell. It is only forgiven people that go to Heaven.
You and I are never going to be good enough to get into Heaven on our own!
Acts 13:38
Brothers, listen! We are here to proclaim that through this man Jesus there is forgiveness for your sins.
Ephesians 2:8-9
8 God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. 9 Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.
Application
I will share this Good News every chance I get! How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, open up our spiritual eyes so that we can understand the important things of life. Give me wisdom Lord. Give me discernment. Show me how to live my life in a way that pleases You. I pray for anyone that may be reading this blog. Help them to believe and trust in Jesus for his or her salvation. Open up their hearts so that they can trust in Jesus Christ and not in themselves.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 11,12; Acts 15,16




No comments: