Wednesday, October 11, 2017

But My Servant Caleb – This Is A Different Story. He Has A Different Spirit; He Follows Me Passionately. I'll Bring Him Into The Land...

But My Servant Caleb – This Is A Different Story.
He Has A Different Spirit;
He Follows Me Passionately. I'll Bring Him Into The Land...
Scripture
Numbers 14
24 But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it.
Numbers 14 MESSAGE
24 But my servant Caleb—this is a different story. He has a different spirit; he follows me passionately. I’ll bring him into the land that he scouted and his children will inherit it.
Observation

Give me a spirit like Caleb's! Give me his attitude! Give me his faith! I don't won't to be like the 10 spies that didn't believe! I want to be like Joshua and Caleb! Caleb never changed either, he remained a man of great faith and a man of courage!
Caleb was 40 years old when he and the other 11 spies went to scout out the land.
Forty-Five years later Caleb made this statement to Joshua, “Today I am eighty-five years old. I am as strong now as I was when Moses sent me on that journey, and I can still travel and fight as well as I could then. So give me the hill country that the Lord promised me...” Joshua 14:10-12
Joshua 24
15 And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
Application
I want a spirit like Caleb's! I want to have his attitude! I want to have his faith! How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, don't let me be like the 10 unbelieving spies. I want to be like Joshua and Caleb. Give me their kind of faith and courage. Help me to lead like Caleb and be as determined in my old age as he was. Thank You for showing me what happens when we don't walk by faith and what happens when we do! I pray for those today who may be trying to decide whether to follow You or not. Help them to walk today by faith! Show them that they can trust in You.
Daily Bible Reading: Nehemiah 5,6; Psalms 146; Luke 24; Psalm 11, Psalm 131, Proverbs 11; Numbers 14



No comments: