Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Then His Disciples Began Arguing About Which Of Them Was The Greatest.

Then His Disciples
Began Arguing
About Which Of Them Was The Greatest.
Scripture
Luke 9
46 Then his disciples began arguing about which of them was the greatest.
47 But Jesus knew their thoughts, so he brought a little child to his side.
48 Then he said to them, “Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me also welcomes my Father who sent me.
Whoever is the least among you is the greatest.”
Observation
Jesus had just been talking with His disciples about His upcoming death and the terrible suffering that would happen to Him before He was killed. 
You would have thought that hearing that from Jesus would have taken the disciples thoughts off of themselves, but it didn't. You and I are no different. 
Our biggest problem in life is “Me, Myself, and I”! Jesus knows our thoughts! 
That is why every morning you and I should ask Jesus to take the number One place in our life!
Matthew 6:33
33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
Thanks to everyone that prayed for Kathy and I while I was in the hospital! 
Everything checked out okay! Kathy and I were able to leave the hospital at 12:15 am last night! I still have to have a nuclear stress test just to check out a small potential problem, that the doctor couldn't see when he did the heart cath! Big shout out to the special care givers at Florida Hospital Fletcher! They were super!
Application

I will ask Jesus to take the Number One spot in my life. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Me, myself, and I, they are my biggest problem. I want Jesus to be Number One today in my thoughts and in my actions. Don't let me be selfish. Thank You for bringing such wonderful people into our lives. Our family, our friends, and our neighbors are so special. Thank You for allowing me to meet some very special people while I was in the hospital. Maybe getting to meet and talk to them was the reason that I went to the hospital. Thank You that they didn't find anything wrong with my heart that needed to be fixed right now. You are so good. You take such good care of us! We are blessed!
Daily Bible Reading: Ezra 4; Psalms 113; Psalms 127; Luke 9




No comments: