Wednesday, September 27, 2017

You Must Love The Lord Your God With All Your Heart, All Your Soul, All Your Strength, And All Your Mind. And, Love Your Neighbor As Yourself. … And Who Is My Neighbor?

You Must Love The Lord Your God With All Your Heart,
All Your Soul, All Your Strength, And All Your Mind.
And, Love Your Neighbor As Yourself. … And Who Is My Neighbor?
Scripture
Luke 10
27 The man answered, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.’ And, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
28 “Right!” Jesus told him. “Do this and you will live!”
29 The man wanted to justify his actions, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”
...
36 “Now which of these three would you say was a neighbor to the man who was attacked by bandits?”Jesus asked.
37 The man replied, “The one who showed him mercy.”
Then Jesus said, “Yes, now go and do the same.”
Observation
Who is my neighbor?
The story that Jesus tells to answer that question, the story of the “Good Samaritan” makes the answer very clear!
We are to love the people around us regardless of the color of their skin, regardless of whether English is their heart language or not, and regardless of whether they believe the same way we do or not!
I think our attention should be on those impacted and devastated by the recent hurricanes and earthquakes and not worry so much about what happens before an NFL football game begins!
Application
I will look for ways to be a “Good neighbor”. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don't let me miss an opportunity to love people like I love myself. Help me stay focused on the important things and don't let me get sidetracked by things that are not important to You. Give me Your heart for those around me. Don't let me be prejudiced. Help me to see the value in every person that comes into my path. I pray for those in Puerto Rico, Mexico, Texas, all the islands and even in our own state that are suffering from the effects of the hurricanes and the earthquakes.
I pray for my son Tim today on his birthday! May Your face shine brightly on him. Give him a great year! Help him to grow closer to You in the year ahead. Meet the needs of his life. Show him that he can trust You with every detail of his life.
Daily Bible Reading: Haggai 1,2; Psalms 129; Luke 10



No comments: