Tuesday, October 09, 2018

How Wonderful And Pleasant It Is When Brothers Live Together In Harmony!


How
Wonderful And Pleasant It Is
When Brothers Live Together In Harmony!
Scripture
Psalm 133
1 How wonderful and pleasant it is
    when brothers live together in harmony!
Observation
I so agree with King David on Psalm 133:1!
It breaks my heart when I hear about someone saying bad things about someone else. Recently, I was told that someone talking badly about another brother in Christ.
The person telling me about it was deeply hurt and angered because of his love for the person being talked about.
My immediate thoughts, when this person was sharing this with me were these ...
Why does a brother in Christ think it is okay to talk badly about another brother in Christ. Why isn't he trying to resolve his problem with this person? What good is he doing by tearing the person down? Even if what he is sharing is true, why does he feel compelled to share it with other people that are not involved? Doesn't he realize that his bad mouthing someone else is actually a reflection of the evil that is in his heart? Does he think that this somehow makes him look better?”
When you and I have been hurt, wounded, or offended by a brother or sister in Christ we need to forgive them and then we need to let it go.
If I talk badly about someone ... trust me the person that I hurt the most will always be me, myself, and I!
So don't do it!
You and I need to be a bigger person than that!
And if you need to go back to someone and apologize for talking badly about someone else to them then do it and please do it quickly ... because trust me I know that they are telling other people, about your bad mouthing!
It is how I found out!
Proverbs 12:18
18 Careless words stab like a sword,
    but wise words bring healing.
Psalm 19
14 May the words of my mouth
    and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
    O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
1 Thessalonians 5
So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.
Proverbs 16:28
A troublemaker plants seeds of strife; gossip separates the best of friends.
Proverbs 13:3
Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can ruin everything.
Application
I will guard my heart and my mouth. I will build up and not tear down.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, my tongue gets me in trouble way too often. You know better than anyone else when I allow the words of my mouth to hurt and wound someone else. Guard my mouth. Help me to build people up and not tear people down. I pray for those who are careless with their words. Bring conviction to their hearts so they can grow in Christ. Help them to become mature believers who can help others to grow. All of us are guilty of saying things when we should have kept our mouths shut. All of us are capable of causing disunity and division with what we say and how we say it. Help us Lord, to keep our mouths shut!
Daily Bible Reading: Nehemiah 1,2; Psalms 133,134; Luke 22; I added: Psalm 9, Psalm 39, Proverbs 9

No comments: