Wednesday, October 31, 2018

My Future Is In Your Hands.


My Future
Is
In Your Hands.
Scripture
Psalm 31
I will be glad and rejoice in your unfailing love,
    for you have seen my troubles,
    and you care about the anguish of my soul.

14 But I am trusting you, O Lord,
    saying, “You are my God!”

15 My future is in your hands.

16 Let your favor shine on your servant.
    In your unfailing love, rescue me.

Observation

I don't know about you but there are some days when I just need to be reassured that the Lord is going to take care of me. I sometimes need to be reminded that the Lord is going to take care of my family.

Maybe you have days like that too. Well if you do then Psalm 31 is a good Psalm for both of us.
Another thing that I have learned to do when worry and doubt starts creeping into my life is to look back on how God has taken care of me and my family in the past.

Here is just one example:

When Kathy and I moved out to Ft. Worth, Texas on January, 1976, we made the move with only $250 in our pockets. God had called us to be missionaries and we were moving to Texas to finish College and Seminary in preparation of that call.

We put our few belongings into a moving truck with our friend's (Hugh and Millie Roberts) belongings. Hugh and Millie had rented the truck to move their stuff and they were gracious enough to move us with them. And behind their moving truck we towed our 1952 Chevrolet.

Upon arriving in Ft. Worth Kathy and I rented a house, the rent was $150 a month with a $100 deposit which left us with $0!

It was in those days that God taught Kathy and I that we could and that we must totally trust in Him.

I look back on those times and I am amazed and I smile … it was God … He took care of us then and He will take care of us now.

Our future is always in his hands.

Philippians 4:6-7
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Matthew 6
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing?

26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 

27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?

Application
I will trust in the Lord. He loves me. He will take care of us.
How about you? Will you trust Him to take care of you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, you are worthy to be praised. Because You are my Shepherd I have everything I need. You are enough. Thank You for your Word. Thank You for every promise that You have given us. I hold on tightly to each one of them. I pray for any person reading this blog today that is struggling and worrying about details in his or her life. Show them that they can trust in You. Reassure them. Encourage them. Increase their faith!
Daily Bible Reading: Job 22; Mark 7,8; I added: Psalm 31, Psalm 51; Proverbs 31

No comments: