Friday, October 05, 2018

Always Pray And Never Give Up


Always
Pray
And Never Give Up
Scripture
Luke 18
1 One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up.
Observation
What are you praying about?
There are probably things in your life, or people in your life that have been the focus of your prayers for a long, long time. I know, that at least in my case, I have people that I have been praying for, for a very long time.
I pray for them because I want to see them live their lives for Christ. I want to see them change the direction of their lives so they can experience God's richest blessings. I want them to be in Heaven with me.
I have to admit that I get discouraged because I don't see a desire on their part to turn towards God, but I will never give up praying for them. One day I am going to hear that they have changed the course of their life and that they are now living for God.
I also pray for some in my family that are very sick. I pray for healing. I will never give up praying for them.
I am reminded in this very same chapter that “What is impossible for people is possible with God.”
So lets give our “impossibles” to God and let Him make them possible!
Always pray and never give up!
Application
I will always pray. I will never give up!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You know the people that are on my heart. I want them to know You. I want them to experience all of the things that Kathy and I have been able to experience because of our relationship with You. I also want them to be in Heaven with us. You also know who I have been praying for who are very sick. I will never give up praying for them because I know that You are the Great Physician! Nothing is too hard for You! Thank You in advance for what You are going to do in the lives of those I am praying for. You are a Good, Good Father.
Fifty years ago on this day, October 5th, 1968 I took Kathy out on our first date! Thank You Lord for bringing Kathy into my life! She is by far the greatest gift that I have ever received in my life!
Daily Bible Reading: Esther 3,4,5,6,7,8; Luke 18

No comments: