Thursday, October 04, 2018

Let Everything That Breathes Sing Praises To The Lord! Praise The Lord!


Let Everything
That Breathes
Sing Praises To The Lord! Praise The Lord!
Scripture
Psalm 150
1 Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
    praise him in his mighty heaven!
2 Praise him for his mighty works;
    praise his unequaled greatness!
3 Praise him with a blast of the ram’s horn;
    praise him with the lyre and harp!
4 Praise him with the tambourine and dancing;
    praise him with strings and flutes!
5 Praise him with a clash of cymbals;
    praise him with loud clanging cymbals.
6 Let everything that breathes sing praises to the Lord!
Praise the Lord!
Observation
I heard from someone yesterday in response to yesterday's blog, who doesn't understand, why, if God loves her so much then why is He allowing her to experience so much pain and suffering. 
I don't have the answer for her. Let me more accurately say, I don't have an adequate answer for her. I don't have the answer to why we experience pain and suffering. Only God knows the answer to that question! 
By the way, I am praying for that person, asking my Heavenly Father to take away her pain. 
I do know that our God is well acquainted with pain. He came down to this earth and He experienced both the pain of rejection, and the physical pain of being severely beaten, whipped and nailed to a cross. 
Oh, and I do know this … one day God is going to take away all pain and suffering and there will be no more tears, and no more crying ... but right now you and I must learn how to live in our present situation and deal with suffering as it comes our way. 
Can I make this suggestion: Take a moment, and no matter how much you and I are hurting, no matter how much pain we are experiencing at this moment, lets take a few moments right now to praise the Lord! 
Because you see, at this very moment, you and I still have breath, we are still alive, and we still have something to live for, so let's praise the Lord. And Yes … Let's praise the Lord whether we feel like it or not ... Let's praise the Lord! 
The Apostle Paul, even after he and Silas were badly beaten and thrown into a dark jail cell and had their feet clamped in stocks, began to pray and praise God at midnight … read Acts 16:25-34 for the rest of the story! 
Another time when Paul found himself in jail again he wrote a letter to the church in Philippi and in that letter he told the Philippian believers over and over and over again to rejoice! 
So if you find yourself in a bad place today, maybe you are just feeling a little blah, or maybe you are feeling really-really good … regardless of how you and I feel today … let's praise the Lord!
Application
While I still have breath I will praise the Lord!
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are worthy of all praise. I praise You because today You have allowed me to live another day. I praise You with all of my heart. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Thank You for the privilege of calling You Father. Thank You for allowing me to be one of Your children. Help me to see things today from Your perspective. I know that if I see things as You see them then I will not get discouraged. Help me to walk by faith! Holy, Holy, Holy, the Lord, God Almighty! You are worthy of all Praise!
I pray for the sick today. I pray for those who are dealing with terrible pain today. Lord, take away their pain. Show them that in the middle of their suffering that they can still give You praise!
Daily Bible Reading: Esther 1,2; Psalms 150; Luke 17

No comments: