Sunday, October 14, 2018

Taste And See That The Lord Is Good.


Taste And See
That
The Lord Is Good.
Scripture
Psalm 34
8 Taste and see that the Lord is good.
    Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!

Observation
What is your view of God?
Your view of God and my view of God will determine how often we pray.
When I ask people how often they pray I often hear them say something like, “Well I pray at night before I go to sleep.” How about you, often do you pray?
It is our view of God that fuels our prayer life.
If you and I have a high view of God, if we view him as our Heavenly Father, then we will talk to him as a child talks to his or her father. And if we really believe that God is our Heavenly Father and that he loves and cares about us then we will go to him all the time in prayer.
The other day I was helping my son work on his brother Tim's car and we were having a hard time getting a bolt loose because the head of the bolt had been rounded off. I said, Eddie (he spells his name Eddie not Eddy like me) we need to pray about this. So I prayed, “Father, help us get this bolt out!” We got back under the car, beat a socket on to the head of the bolt and out it came!
Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!”
Our Heavenly Father wants us to talk to him about everything, nothing is too small, nothing is too large. He is the Good, Good Father.
God is not like a father – He is Father.
Psalm 55:16-17
But I will call on God, and the Lord will rescue me. Morning, noon, and night I cry out in my distress, and the Lord hears my voice.
Application
I will talk to my Heavenly Father all day long.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that I can take everything to You in prayer. You know me like no one else knows me. You are the only one who can meet my deepest needs. You are always there when I need You. You never are away. You never sleep. You care about every detail of my life. You delight in me. I don't deserve Your love and I am not worthy to receive this kind of love, but You give it to me anyway. Thank You for allowing me the privilege of calling You Father. You are awesome. Thank You for hearing and answering my prayers!
Daily Bible Reading: Nehemiah 11,12; Psalms 1; Acts 3; Psalm 14, Psalm 34; Proverbs 14

No comments: