Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Jesus, Remember Me When You Come Into Your Kingdom


Jesus,
Remember Me
When You Come Into Your Kingdom
Scripture
Luke 23
39 One of the criminals hanging beside him scoffed, “So you’re the Messiah, are you? Prove it by saving yourself—and us, too, while you’re at it!”
40 But the other criminal protested, “Don’t you fear God even when you have been sentenced to die?41 We deserve to die for our crimes, but this man hasn’t done anything wrong.”
 42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.”
43 And Jesus replied, “I assure you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
Observation
It is not good people that go to Heaven and it is not bad people that go to Hell!
Maybe that is what you have always thought, and I say that because that is the way most people think. My friend, it is only forgiven people that go to Heaven!
The two criminals hanging beside Jesus were close enough to talk to Jesus. At first both criminals ridiculed Jesus, they both made fun Him, but then something happened and one of the criminal's spiritual eyes were opened. Suddenly he realized that he was in the very presence of God Himself.
This repentant thief cried out to Jesus in a prayer, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” It was most definitely a sinners prayer!
You and I, just like the thief on the cross, are both sinners.
When I was 19 years old someone shared with me the Good News, the wonderful news that God loved me enough to die on a cross to pay the penalty of my sins.
It was then, just like the thief on the cross, that I prayed and I asked Jesus Christ to come into my life. I asked him to forgive me of my sins; it was at that moment, just like the thief on the cross, that I placed my faith and my trust in Christ to be my Savior.
So I know that when I die I am going to Heaven, and it is not because I am that good because I am not; I know that I am going to Heaven when I die because, like the thief on the cross, I have been forgiven.
If you were to die today, where would you spend Eternity?
Application
I am so thankful for someone sharing the Good News with me. And I will share it with everyone that will listen.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for any person that may read this short blog today. Open up his or her spiritual eyes so that they can comprehend how much you love them. I pray for their salvation. I pray for those who live in the path of this huge storm. I pray for protection for them. I pray for the First Responders who will risk their lives to rescue people during and after Hurricane Michael passes by. Use this storm to draw people closer to You. May their situation, just like it did for the thief on the cross, cause them to believe!
Daily Bible Reading: Nehemiah 3,4; Luke 23
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.


No comments: