Wednesday, October 03, 2018

The Lord Will Work Out His Plans For My Life --



The Lord
Will Work
Out His Plans For My Life --
Scripture
Psalm 138
8 The Lord will work out his plans for my life—
    for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever.
    Don’t abandon me, for you made me.

Observation
To be honest, there are days when I look around (usually when I look around at other people) and I selfishly think to myself, “Why has this or that happened to me, or many other times I think why hasn't this happened to me?”
Maybe you have moments like that too!
I guarantee you that King David had moments like I sometimes have, but he didn't let himself stay there very long. King David understood that he served a God who loved him.
Just listen to King David's confidence that he had in his God as he wrote Psalm 138,
I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart; I will sing your praises before the gods. I bow before your holy Temple as I worship. I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness; for your promises are backed by all the honor of your name. As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength.”
I know that God is working out His plan for my life. God has given me thousands of promises in His Word to assure me that His plan for my life will be carried out.
God says to me in Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
My life and your life will have many mountains, it will be filled with many detours and lots of struggles. I believe that every new day is an opportunity for us walk by faith, trusting in our Heavenly Father who loves us.
So no matter what happens today, lets live out this day in a way that makes our Heavenly Father smile!
Application
I know that the Lord is working out His plan for my life.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help us live out our lives by faith. Help us to walk by faith and not by sight. When I walk by sight I get discouraged. So help me to walk by faith holding on to all of Your promises. I know that You are a good, good Father. You are guiding and leading me. You are directing my life. I need to keep my focus on You and not on what is happening in the lives of everyone else! Lord, I pray for my family today. Help them to put You first in their lives.
Daily Bible Reading: Ezra 5,6; Psalm 138; Luke 16


> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.
.....
I just saw my blog on this same passage from 2 years ago -

.......

Don’t
Abandon Me,
For You Made Me
Scripture
Psalm 138
8 The LORD will work out his plans for my life—
for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever.
Don’t abandon me, for you made me.
Observation
It’s Monday! Psalm 138 – take time to read it! It is a good way to start out this Monday morning!
I was in Shalimar, Florida yesterday and I went to Cinco Baptist Church (Ft. Walton Beach) with my sister Bea, her husband Norm, and their daughter Kacy with her kids!
Their Pastor Mickey Hawkins preached from Habakkuk chapter 1 and 2. Habakkuk’s world was a lot like ours – totally crazy!
Here is Pastor Mickey’s 3 points about what we are to do when our world seems totally out of control. 1. We need to wait on God. 2. We need to watch God at work. 3. And we need to worship Him!
Every week it seems like things get crazier and crazier. What we need to do is look at things from God’s perspective and see that God is working in the middle of this craziness! 
We need a 30,000 feet perspective of what is happening in our world today.
Pastor Mickey said in his message yesterday that buzzards, bats, and bees all have our problem: if you put them in a cage without a lid they will not fly up to escape because they never look up. They are always looking down.
We need to look up! And we need to keep looking up!
Application
I will keep looking up! How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You that we are not without hope. Your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever. You will work out Your plans for my life— You will not abandon me, for you made me. I give you thanks, O LORD, with all my heart. I will sing your praises … I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness; for your promises are backed by all the honor of your name. As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength. (Taken from Psalm 138)
I pray for Pastor Mickey Hawkins and the congregation at Cinco Baptist Church. Thank You for bringing them into my sister’s life during this difficult time in her life. May Your face shine with favor on all of them!

No comments: