Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Put Me To The Test!


Put
Me
To The Test!
Scripture
Malachi 3
8 “Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me!
But you ask, ‘What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?’
You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me. 9 You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me. 
10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in!
Try it! Put me to the test!
Observation

Right now at our church, Pastor Bruce Moore and Pastor Brian Elliott are preaching and encouraging everyone to take the 90 day Tithe Challenge.
This is a win-win proposition! I think it is a no-brainer!
At our church you are encouraged to start tithing and give it a try for 90 days. At the end of the 90 days if God hasn't blessed you as He promises to do in Malachi 3:10, then let the church know and you can get your money back.
At least I am pretty sure that is how the challenge works.
I have heard people complain when messages are on giving. I have even heard believers say that the church or the pastor is only interested in their money. Yes, I have heard comments like that! When I hear critical comments about messages on giving it lets me know that the person doing the complaining doesn't understand at all the spiritual law of the harvest. And usually it is an indication, at least to me, that the person doing the complaining has never learned to be a cheerful giver themselves.
It has been both fun and rewarding at our church watching young Christians begin to tithe and then to hear their amazing testimonies of how God has blessed them as they stepped out in faith.
My friend, this spiritual growth would not have happened if our pastors had not taken the bold step to preach and teach challenging messages on giving.
Luke 6:38
38 Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.
Galatians 6:7,9-10
7 Don’t be misled—you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant. 9 So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. 10 Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith.
Application
I will be a cheerful giver.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, don't let me be stingy. Always help me to be generous. I believe what You say about giving. I hold on to every one of Your promises. I know that I can never ever out give You. Give our pastors wisdom to lead us. Keep them close to You. Help them to speak Your Word with power and authority. Help them be men of integrity. Bless their families.
Daily Bible Reading: Malachi 3,4; Psalms 148; Acts 5

No comments: