Thursday, October 11, 2018

Then He Opened Their Minds To Understand The Scriptures


Then
He Opened Their Minds
To Understand The Scriptures
Scripture
Luke 24
45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures.
Observation
Kathy just asked me about a question she had about the passage in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 where the Apostle Paul says that the dead in Christ will return with him, but then a few sentences later in the passage Paul says that the dead in Christ will rise from their graves.
All of us as we seriously read God's Word are going to have questions about what the Bible says.
I have been reading the Bible through each year and writing a short blog about what I read for the past 12 years and I still find myself scratching my head trying to fully understand what I am reading.
The disciples didn't understand, they didn't grasp completely, what the Bible said about Jesus, until Jesus opened up their minds to the Scriptures.
By the way, I couldn't answer Kathy's question!
Here is what I know; the more that you and I are in God's Word, the more it is going to become part of our lives. God's Word is alive. It is powerful. It is sharper than a two edge sword.
God's Word will cut through all of the fluff in our life and it will help us live our lives in a way that God intended. Our lives will be filled with meaning and purpose if we are digging into God's Word and if we are living according to what we read.
You and I cannot, no, we absolutely cannot, live successful Christian lives without spending time in God's Word everyday.
Hebrews 4:12
12 For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.
Psalm 119:11
11 I have hidden your word in my heart,
    that I might not sin against you.

Application
I will read God's Word every day.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I want You to open up the minds of those in my family, who up to this point, are not living like You don't even exist. Open up their minds so they can see what they are missing. Give them understanding. Change the direction of their lives.
Praise the Lord! Let all that I am praise the Lord. I will praise the Lord as long as I live. I will sing praises to my God with my dying breath. Psalm 146:1-2
Daily Bible Reading: Nehemiah 5,6; Psalms 146; Luke 24

No comments: