Friday, October 26, 2007

Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian!

Job 17; Acts 24; Acts 25; Acts 26
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Acts 26

28 Then Agrippa said to Paul, "Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?"
29 Paul replied, "Short time or long—I pray God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains."
30 The king rose, and with him the governor and Bernice and those sitting with them. 31 They left the room, and while talking with one another, they said, "This man is not doing anything that deserves death or imprisonment."
32 Agrippa said to Festus, "This man could have been set free if he had not appealed to Caesar."

Observation

I was in the doctor’s office yesterday and Christy, one of the doctor’s assistants was asking me questions and doing a couple of tests on my eyes before the doctor came in to see me. I asked her, “When you get a chance to go to church were do you go?” She replied that she never goes to church. Her family was Catholic growing up but she said that was in name only. She said she that didn’t know very much at all about church or Jesus. As quickly as I could I told her that God created her and he wanted her to have a relationship with him and that relationship was possible by knowing Jesus. I told her that Jesus came so that she could experience life to its fullest. I quickly told her about a few churches close to where she lived. And I told her that I would be praying for her. Not much time with Christy, but just enough time to hopefully plant a seed. Paul didn’t have much time with Agrippa but he had enough time to plant a seed. Agrippa left Paul’s presence knowing what he needed to do to have a genuine relationship with God.


Application

Today I will continue to look for opportunities to share my faith. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, you are the Light of the World and your Word says that we are to let our light so shine before men that they may see our good works and glorify the Father which is in heaven. Help me bring you glory today. Bring people into my life that need to hear about Jesus. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: