Monday, October 08, 2007

Ready to Complain! Don’t Do It!

Ezra 9; Ezra 10; Psalm 131; Luke 21
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 21

37 Each day Jesus was teaching at the temple, and each evening he went out to spend the night on the hill called the Mount of Olives, 38 and all the people came early in the morning to hear him at the temple.

Observation

Have you complained lately about your job, your house, your car, maybe your bed, or how about your schedule? Think about what these verses are saying about the schedule of Jesus. This passage says that each day Jesus was teaching in the temple and each evening he slept on the hill called Mount of Olives. No wonder Judas had no problem knowing where to find Jesus the night he betrayed him.

Last night after church I came home to nice house, watched a little of the Packers/Bears game and went to sleep in a nice bed in an air-conditioned room. Jesus went to church everyday and then camped out (without all of our camping equipment) each night after being at church all day.

Have you ever been camping? Do you remember how you felt after sleeping on the hard ground all night? Enough said, whatever you and I face this Monday morning it is nothing compared to what Jesus experienced or what most Christ-followers experience every single day. We are blessed and we are so spoiled living in the USA!

Application

I will write an email today to friends that live in Mexico, Honduras, and Cuba that do not live with all the luxuries that I enjoy today. And I will thank my God for every little creature comfort I enjoy and I will acknowledge to the Lord that they could be gone tomorrow!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am blessed. You are the Great Creator God and you have poured out your blessings on me and I do not deserve your kindness. I pray today for my friends in Cuba, and Mexico especially that lack some of the things that I enjoy. Lord, forgive me for complaining. The things that I enjoy today I realize are temporary and could vanish instantly, but nothing can take what I have stored up for me in Heaven. I am so blessed. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: