Tuesday, October 16, 2007

You Will Not Be Able To Stop These Men!

Malachi 3; Malachi 4; Psalm 148; Acts 5
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Acts 5

38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God."
40 His speech persuaded them. They called the apostles in and had them flogged. Then they ordered them not to speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.
41 The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name. 42 Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Christ.

Observation

Last week I read in the Baptist Press about the two Chinese attorneys that had been arrested in China and had been tortured. One of them has a 77-year-old Mom that has also been arrested and tortured. I think it would do the Chinese government well to read Acts 5 and realize that they need to leave these people alone! God is God and they will not be able to stop these men. They will end up fighting against God.

I am reminded that our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers in the heavenly realm. I don’t understand all of that but I know that it is true. Satan and his army is waging war against us.

I like what it says in verse 42, “Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Christ.” It never slowed them down!


Application

Tonight is outreach at our church! I look forward to going out and proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, nothing is going to stop your plan to take the Gospel to this World. I pray again for the Christians in China and I ask that you strengthen them. I pray that you raise up an army of believers that will consider it joy to suffer for your Name. Help me to be bold today. Use us tonight as we go out and speak and give witness about you. You are my God. You are worthy of praise. Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: