Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Remember The Lord, Who is Great an Awesome!

Nehemiah 3; Nehemiah 4; Luke 23
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 23

7 But when Sanballat, Tobiah, the Arabs, the Ammonites and the men of Ashdod heard that the repairs to Jerusalem's walls had gone ahead and that the gaps were being closed, they were very angry. 8 They all plotted together to come and fight against Jerusalem and stir up trouble against it. 9 But we prayed to our God and posted a guard day and night to meet this threat.
10 Meanwhile, the people in Judah said, "The strength of the laborers is giving out, and there is so much rubble that we cannot rebuild the wall."
11 Also our enemies said, "Before they know it or see us, we will be right there among them and will kill them and put an end to the work."
12 Then the Jews who lived near them came and told us ten times over, "Wherever you turn, they will attack us."
13 Therefore I stationed some of the people behind the lowest points of the wall at the exposed places, posting them by families, with their swords, spears and bows. 14 After I looked things over, I stood up and said to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people, "Don't be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes."


Observation

Have you ever heard a small kid say, “Awesome”? It is a word that can get over used, but it can never be used too much when someone is describing God! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome! Are you dealing with opposition, or are you dealing with a difficult person or some difficult people like Nehemiah was dealing with then you need to remember that the Lord is great and awesome! This is an incredible story of the great and awesome power of our God. The children of Israel prayed, and then worked with a weapon strapped on their side or with a tool in one hand and a weapon in the other. They didn’t let the opposition stop them.

Application

We have a great and awesome Lord. Today I will meditate on his awesome and great power and the love that he has for me. Psalms 18 “1 I love you, O LORD, my strength. 2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. 3 I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.

Prayer

Heavenly Father,
You are my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; in whom I take refuge. You are my shield and the horn of my salvation, and my stronghold. I will call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: