Friday, October 05, 2007


Let the little children come to me!

Esther 3; Esther 4; Esther 5; Esther 6; Esther 7; Esther 8; Luke 18
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Luke 18

The Little Children and Jesus

15 People were also bringing babies to Jesus to have him touch them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. 16 But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 17 I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

Observation

On Wednesday evenings I have the opportunity to be with our R.A. boys. R.A. is short for Royal Ambassadors and we teach the boys that they are Ambassadors for Christ! It is pure joy to be involved in this ministry. Richard King and Scott Harding also work with the R.A. boys, actually Scott and I are helpers and Richard leads.

We don’t do near as much as we should do with the boys, but one thing we work on is a scripture memory verse each week and they always say their R.A. pledge. I learned the pledge as a young boy myself and never forgot it.

As a Royal Ambassador I will do my best:
to become a well-informed, responsible follower of Christ;
to have a Christ-like concern for all people;
to learn how to carry the message of Christ around the world;
to work with others in sharing Christ; and
to keep myself clean and healthy in mind and body.

Application

If we had two other men we could have an even better ministry with our R.A. boys because we could separate the younger 1-3 graders (Lads) from the older 4-5 graders (Crusaders) and have age appropriate activities for each group.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for allowing me the opportunity to work with these boys. Help other men see how important this ministry is. Help our R.A. boys grow up to love and walk with you. Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: