Wednesday, October 03, 2007

My Trouble, Trouble, Trouble …Say Hello to God’s Strength!

Ezra 5; Ezra 6; Psalm 138; Luke 16
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Psalm 138

7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
you preserve my life;
you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes,
with your right hand you save me.

Observation

Is your life filled with trouble today? Then this is a great verse to memorize isn’t it? Life it seems for me is filled with more trouble every day. I look for a break in the clouds and hope and pray for a ray of sunshine as I walk in the midst of trouble. I am reminded this morning of a verse that I memorized a long time ago about “trouble” and that verse is found in John 16:33, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Are you expecting a life without “trouble”? Sorry! The Book that I try to read everyday tells me that my life and the lives of all Christ-Followers will encounter “trouble”.

This morning as I was thinking about the troubles that surround me and I couldn’t get back to sleep and as I was praying God brought this verse to my mind. This verse comes to my mind probably more than any other verse in the Bible. I don’t know why, but it just does. This is the verse Isaiah 26:3, “You will keep in perfect peace the mind [that is] dependent [on You], for it is trusting in You.” I learned it in the King James Version, “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”

Application

Today, as I walk in the midst of trouble, I will take heart and I will keep my focus on Christ. I will think and meditate on God’s great promises and I will get off by myself and seek His face.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I walk today in the midst of trouble that is way to big for me. You are my help and my strength. Help me to keep my eyes on you. I ask you to preserve my life and save me with your all-powerful right hand. I am weak, but you are Mighty. You are my Heavenly Father and it is in you that I put my trust. Give me your peace and give me victory over things that seem to be working against me. Strengthen me with your Word today. Bring to my memory every verse that promises me your presence and your help in times of trouble. You are a Mighty and Wonderful God. Thank you for the Godly people that you have placed in my life. Bless them today. Give them all the wisdom they need to be able to live the Christian life to its fullest. Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: