Saturday, October 27, 2007

Who’s Your Daddy?

Job 18; Psalm 114; Acts 27; Acts 28
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Acts 27

23 Last night an angel of the God whose I am and whom I serve stood beside me 24 and said, 'Do not be afraid, Paul. You must stand trial before Caesar; and God has graciously given you the lives of all who sail with you.'

Observation

Paul is in the midst of a storm that has the intensity of a hurricane but knows that he and the other 275 folks on the ship are going to be safe. How does he know that …because his Daddy told him so. When Paul and everyone else are finally ship wrecked and everyone is gathering firewood on the island of Malta a snake bites and attaches itself onto Paul’s hand. Everyone on the island think that this is the action of the gods giving Paul what he deserves, but when nothing happens to him then they think that Because of Paul’s relationship with God he didn’t have to worry about the snake or the storm. He had an all-powerful Heavenly Father watching out for him.

Application

The God whose I am and whom I serve will stand beside me too in the midst of life's storms!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for being my Daddy. I can come to you knowing that you are thinking about me and knowing that I am your delight. I don’t deserve this relationship, but I am so glad that you have allowed me the privilege of knowing you personally. I pray that others will put their faith in trust in you just like I did. Thank you for saving me. Thank you for protecting me. You are an awesome God. Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: