Monday, October 15, 2007

Do Not Break Faith…God Hates Divorce!

Nehemiah 13; Malachi 1; Malachi 2; Acts 4
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Malachi 2

13 Another thing you do: You flood the LORD's altar with tears. You weep and wail because he no longer pays attention to your offerings or accepts them with pleasure from your hands. 14 You ask, "Why?" It is because the LORD is acting as the witness between you and the wife of your youth, because you have broken faith with her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant.
15 Has not the LORD made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth.
16 "I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty.
So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith.

Observation

How do you think God feels about all the people around us getting divorced? Does it bother Him a little bit? No it bothers Him a lot…in fact, He hates it. Kathy and I will celebrate 38 years of being married on November 1st and our marriage keeps getting better and better. I am not the perfect husband. I still mess up and say stupid and hurtful things sometimes and I can still get mad and pout for a little while, but I have a great wife! I don’t ever want to mess up and break our marriage covenant.

We attended two weddings on Saturday; we listened as the two couples promised God that they would not break faith. The odds are stacked against them being able to keep that important promise and the only way that they will have a successful marriage is to keep God as first priority of their lives.

Application

I will guard myself and stay close to the Lord to keep myself from breaking faith with the wife of my youth!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to keep my promise that I made with you about being faithful to Kathy. Help Kathy and I encourage others to have strong, healthy marriages. Thank you for protecting us and keeping us from breaking faith. I realize that if I let my guard down that it could happen tomorrow. Lord, don’t ever let me do that. Keep me strong Lord. Keep me strong. You are my strength, my ever help in trouble. I love you Lord. Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: