Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Want to See Jesus!

Job 1; Job 2; Acts 6; Acts 7
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Acts 7

The Stoning of Stephen

54 When they heard this, they were furious and gnashed their teeth at him. 55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56 "Look," he said, "I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."
57 At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him, 58 dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul.
59 While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." 60 Then he fell on his knees and cried out, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." When he had said this, he fell asleep.

Observation

Do you want to see Jesus? Maybe this is weird but there have been times when I have asked God to let me see into Heaven. Other believers have had that opportunity, the opportunity to see Jesus, the chance to peek into Heaven. So far He hasn’t given me that opportunity but maybe one day He will. Many Muslims see visions of Jesus before they come to know Him personally. Because they lack the Word of God in these countries that are predominately Muslim God uses dreams and visions to bring men to a relationship with him.

I do realize that everyday when I read His Word I am getting a peek into Heaven and I get to experience a little taste of His Glory, but I still desire to see Him face to face. How about you?


Application

I will strive to read God’s Word everyday and apply it. This is a powerful passage that shows us the heart of God. At the moment Stephen needed encouragement and strength God opened up Heaven and gave him a peek and reassured him of his eternal destination.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, this morning through your Word I got to see Jesus high and lifted up. Stephen was your servant. He was faithful and yet he suffered. Lord I know that suffering is part of the Christian’s life. Help me serve you today. I want to focus on what is really important today. Help me Lord to see you at work in the lives of the people around me. Give me strength to do your will. I love you Lord. You are worthy to be praised. Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: