Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Though He Slay Me…

Job 13; Job 14; Acts 17; Acts 18
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Job 13

15 Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him;
I will surely defend my ways to his face.

Observation

What would it take for you to deny Christ? If you were going to be shot would you deny Christ? What if your enemies were going to torture you unless you denied Christ? What if your enemies began to torture your wife, your child, your mom and said that they would quit until you denied being a Christ-follower.

It is too easy for us in the USA. What is the cost here for following Christ? What kind of persecution do you and I experience?

When things go south and life is rough what do you do? Do you suddenly deny Him? Job says, “Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him”.

Application

Everything I read about these days is dealing with the persecution of the Saints. I don’t know if it is something I am getting ready to experience, but I know that I need to make up my mind right now and say with Job, “though he slay me, yet will I hope in Him.”


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I once again pray for the Christians that at this very moment are dying for their faith. I know that they are very precious to you. I pray for my brothers and sisters in China and in North Korea. I pray that many will place their trust and faith in you through the sacrifice that many persecuted believers are making. Be glorified through them and help me to pray more for these believers and pray more for the spread of the Gospel in these countries. Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: