Saturday, October 20, 2007


Eaten Alive … by Worms!

Job 6; Job 7; Job 8; Acts 12 Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading
Scripture

Job 7


1 "Does not man have hard service on earth? Are not his days like those of a hired man? 2 Like a slave longing for the evening shadows, or a hired man waiting eagerly for his wages, 3 so I have been allotted months of futility, and nights of misery have been assigned to me. 4 When I lie down I think, 'How long before I get up?' The night drags on, and I toss till dawn. 5 My body is clothed with worms and scabs, my skin is broken and festering.

Acts 12


Herod's Death

Then Herod went from Judea to Caesarea and stayed there a while. 20 He had been quarreling with the people of Tyre and Sidon; they now joined together and sought an audience with him. Having secured the support of Blastus, a trusted personal servant of the king, they asked for peace, because they depended on the king's country for their food supply. 21 On the appointed day Herod, wearing his royal robes, sat on his throne and delivered a public address to the people. 22 They shouted, "This is the voice of a god, not of a man." 23 Immediately, because Herod did not give praise to God, an angel of the Lord struck him down, and he was eaten by worms and died.

Observation

Have you ever seen a dead animal that was full of worms? Seeing a dead animal full of worms is gross, but can you imagine being alive and being eaten alive by worms. Both these men, Job and Herod were being eaten alive by worms. That is worse than the “Super Bug” the staff infection that is going around right now. Job was being tested and Herod was being punished. Job was restored to complete health and Herod died. It appeared that both men were being punished by God and even Job’s so called friends believed that Job was suffering because he had sinned. Job’s sickness wasn’t because of sinful life. When I visit people in the hospital many times it looks like the disease that is killing them is a result of an ungodly lifestyle like the results of alcohol, drugs, gluttony, or sexual immorality. But like I had someone tell me this week when he was telling me about the different times he had been arrested, “God told me while I was in jail that I was in jail because He was trying to get my attention.” Sometimes an illness or going to jail is just an opportunity to turn our lives over to Him. I don’t know if you are being eaten by worms this morning, but maybe you are dealing with something just as bad; is God testing you or maybe He is trying to get your attention? Job and Herod could have been bitten by something like the Human Botfly. Click here to read all about it, but only if you have a strong stomach!

Application

Job’s friends judged Job and insisted that he was suffering because of sin. I need to show more compassion to folks that are suffering and not worry about what caused them to be in such need and just show them love.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are a God of Mercy and Kindness. Give me your heart for people. Give me your compassion for those that are suffering. You are completely just and good. I don’t deserve the life I enjoy today and I realize that life is short and the creature comforts that surround me are temporary and most of the world doesn’t experience what I take for granted. I love you Lord. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: