Friday, January 11, 2008

Are You Blessed?

Genesis 27; Genesis 28; Psalm 4; Luke 11
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 11

27 As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, "Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you."
28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Observation

Have you ever asked someone how he or she were doing and the response was, “I’m blessed”? I think that is a very cool way for a Christ-follower to respond to that question. Don’t you!

But…

If you and I want to be truly blessed in this life and live a life filled with purpose and meaning then there is only one way that is going to happen. Just saying, “I’m blessed” doesn’t make it happen, but living out the Word of God is the key to a life that is blessed.

A disobedient Christian is not living a blessed life. A Christian that has made a decision to disregard God’s GPS (Psalms 119:105) for his or her life is miserable. That is why it is so important to read God’s word everyday and then live it.

How are you this morning? Can you say truthfully, “I’m blessed”? Have you made a choice in your life to disobey what God has said in his Word? If you have, then you need to repent, turn from sin and self and turn back to God. Here is a verse that will help you get things right with God (1John 1:9).

Application

I will ask God to show me any disobedience in my life so I can confess it because I want to live a life that is blessed. (Psalm 119:9 &11)

Prayer

Heavenly Father, search my heart today and show me any sin in my life that I need to confess. Show me any area of disobedience. May the Word of God that is in my heart keep me from sinning today. I pray for our church members that they to would have sensitive hearts and would live in obedience to your Word. Help me bring you Glory and Honor today. Thank you for your mercy, for your kindness, for your goodness, for your many blessings. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: