Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Glimpse Into HELL!

Genesis 39; Genesis 40; Genesis 41; Luke 16
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

The Rich Man and Lazarus

Luke 16

19 "There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 "The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'
25 "But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'
27 "He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'
29 "Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.'
30 " 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'
31 "He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

Observation

In the Bible we get glimpses of heaven from several different books and probably even more looks into heaven than of hell. But in this passage today we get to see a little of what it is going to be like for those going to spend an eternity there. By the way, I want you to know that I am not going to hell.

I asked someone yesterday if he was at heaven’s gate and God asked him why should I let you into my heaven what would he say. The response was something like, “Well, I don’t know.”

Do you have an answer to that question? If you were to die today where would you spend eternity? If you answer I don’t know or if you answer I am not sure but I hope heaven then you better really pay attention to what it is like in hell because if you don’t know the Way to heaven then you are on your way to hell.

If you click on the word Billy Graham in this sentence you will be taken to a website where the Good News of Jesus Christ is fully explained and you can find out what you need to know to have eternal life.

Here are a couple of bad things about hell that I see from this passage:

1.It is a real place and it is a real place of continual torment.
2.It is a place of regrets.
3. Part of the torment seems to be that you will be able to see family and friends enjoying heaven while you are being tormented. You will be eternally separated from the people that you love.
4. People in hell will think of their family members that are still on earth and will want them to be warned but it is too late because God doesn’t respond to prayers made once a person is in hell.
5. It is going to be very hot! VERY HOT!


Application

I want to talk to someone else about how to get to heaven.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me share with someone today that hell is a real place and that he or she doesn’t have to spend an eternity in hell. Bring someone into my life that needs to hear the Good News. I pray that someone searching for you will be led to the blog today and will click over and check out what Billy Graham says about the Bridge of Life. Thank you for allowing me to know you and thank you for giving me eternal life. Make our church a strong witness for you and help our people snatch lives from this place of torment called hell. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: