Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Face of an Angel

Exodus 25; Exodus 26; Exodus 27; Acts 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Acts 6

15 All who were sitting in the Sanhedrin looked intently at Stephen, and they saw that his face was like the face of an angel.

Observation

I hope that you took time to read all of chapter 6 this morning. I have to admit that when I read this last verse of the chapter I had to go on and look at chapter 7. It seems like that when we get to the end of chapter 6 everything has stopped and we find everyone staring into the face of Stephen. They were looking intently into his face. And what they saw was the face of an angel. For a few moments time must have stopped and the entire group of men had their eyes fixed on the face of Stephen and there was something about his face that made him look like an angel.

Here is what I think they saw in the face of Stephen, I don’t think it was an angel I think it was Jesus!

The scriptures say in verse 8 “Now Stephen, a man full of God's grace and power, did great wonders and miraculous signs among the people.” When you and I are full of God’s Holy Spirit we are going to shine and we are going to look like His children. We are going to be different. Have you ever been around people that just glowed and you could sense God’s presence? I have. And I love to be around people at church that are like that. I love it when I bump into a Christ-follower out somewhere in a public place and it is so evident that this person has been with Jesus.

It was a guy like Stephen that God used to change my life. His name is Dr. Charles Hartwig. He now lives in Jacksonville, Florida and continues to serve as a deacon at First Baptist Church Jacksonville. He was my Sunday School teacher when I first started attending Tampa Baptist Church, which was then called Spencer Memorial Baptist. There was something different about him. At first I couldn’t put my finger on what made him so different, but now I know that it was because he was a man filled with the Holy Spirit. Today I still rank him right up there with guys like Stephen. God used him to change my life. I am eternally grateful to him.

Application

It is my desire to be filled with the Holy Spirit today so people can see Jesus in me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, may others see Jesus in me. Amen

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: